Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wednesday, June 10

Spent most of the day playing tourist...which was most welcome...tourism is down about 20% so lower 48 $$$$ are most welcome. Found another brewery...Moose's Tooth...had a great time...really nice folks...I'm beginning to see that the average age here is about late 30's to late 40's. Not many ole folks like me seem to be full time residents. Also most are transplants..came here like me on vacation and every left....(hint....Carl!)....nah, I'll be back.

Clean and open city. Everyone is wondering why the weather has been so good. No rain for a couple weeks which is really unusual, and very warm...temps are in the 70's and 80's which is really strange.

Daylight is now 19 hours and 11 minutes - still weird, but I'm doing ok with it. I wonder how I would do with only 5 hours of daylight in the winter...I bet that's very difficult.

A photo of my first glacier...

Tomorrow I'm off on the train from Anchorage to Seward - yes, I'll be driving it on Sunday, but the train is supposed to be great, so why not. One day trip with a 5 hour layover in Seward. I can scope out places for us to stay at. There are cabins on the water which would be really cool. Long day...leave at 6:45 and don't return until 9:15 pm...but it will still be light....upgraded myself to a club car...all the amenities..I will take plenty of photos....

I've decided to leave the RV here and just drive to Seward...had the truck checked out today and the air filter, as I suspected, was a mess, so that was changed and some other minor stuff done. But, otherwise, the truck is really doing well.

Well, doesn't look like I cannot download anything tonight. Will try again late tomorrow or Friday morning. All is good!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy: I will try again and see if I can get this off to you. WOW! What an adventure you are having. It sounds wonderful and I am happy to hear that your sister is joining you. We had a wonderful RV gathering in Chula Vista as I am sure you have heard. From there became somewhat down hill for Jack and I with a lot of expensive truck problems. Won't go into details just suffice it to say...........expensive as HELL! Phoenix weather has been unreal. Actually, we are getting spoilt and we know it won't last. Keep on enjoying yourself and posting all the adventures you are having. Sandy & Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. More great story Cindy - keep it coming. What a fantastic trip and with the weather cooperating, how good is that? Enjoy yourself - Carl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weather has been good...but seems to be changing. Cool to cold today in Anchorage.

    Sandy: glad you could finally leave comments. Sorry about the truck problems..Yes, Chula Vista was great..perfect way to start my trip.

    ReplyDelete