Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday, June 8th


Wow and wow and holy wow! Magnificent - I'm running out of adjectives to describe Alaska....First, how about this photo!!!!


I'm in a wonderful, small RV park between no where and no where (actually, on the Alaska Hiway between Glennallen and Anchorage). Nothing else around but this place, surrounded by mountains. I have cable TV (not had that in a while) and wifi. Plus they have a cafe here so I'm going to treat myself to dinner out. I was able to download the one picture, but now I cannot seem to add more. I will try again later. I'll be in Anchorage tomorrow and will stay until Sunday. Ann (sister) arrives late Friday night. This will give me time to get everything cleaned and I mean cleaned. Thank heavens I did a truck/rv wash in Whitehorse. I'm also going to have the truck checked out again. Will be nice to stay put for a few days.

On Sunday, we head south to Seward to see my nephew. Seward is on Resurrection Bay which feeds from the Gulf of Alaska. This replaces Fairbanks, not a big deal. I love the ocean, so this should be great. I'm thinking of storing the RV in Anchorage, hopefully at the RV park I'm staying at. It's a long trip home, and I'd like not to beat it up anymore than necessary. I'll find out more about doing this tomorrow.

I will try posting more photos later...

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! So the whole "getting to Alaska" thing is knocked out. All you have to worry about now is how to see everything...what a great problem to have - Carl

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it is...the meltdown was probably necessary - confidence builder if nothing else. Anchorage is a fine city...2 breweries...how bad can it be!....

    ReplyDelete