Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuedsay, June 9

I have arrived in Anchorage. First stop was a truck/rv wash - I have to be 20 pounds lighter. RV Park - only 1 of 4 in all of Anchorage - is ok, nothing special but it will do. Going to take one of the train trips, just don't know which one yet. Doing laundry now...once that is done and I'm cleaned up, I'll head into city center (Anchorage's downtown). RR station is there so I'll stop in and get more info. I have photos, but this wifi is pretty poor. I'll try again later.

One a different subject...Intel Colorado Springs is finally, yes, finally closed. My son and the few others that remained were let go officially today. Some of the facilities folks are being contracted or hired (not sure which) by the Real Estate Investment company that bought the campus. Someone needs to maintain minimum services on site.

Will post again later...

2 comments:

  1. I have been sharing with my daughter, 14yr old and we are both now set on Alaska for a future trip! Enjoy your train trip......take more pictures. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do....train trip is tomorrow from Anchorage to Seward. My sister and I will drive it, but the train goes in areas the roads don't. Plus I can look for a cool place for us to stay.

    ReplyDelete