Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday, June 27th

Long time without wifi. Have not had any wifi for several days. Had a rough trip from Whitehorse, Yukon. The road construction that I went thru a few weeks ago is much larger and the roads much rougher. Plus lots of rain. A lodge and campground that I stayed at on the way up was out of gas and no vacancies. So, we headed down to another lodge per Milepost and it was open - 2 spots left and gas at 1.58 a liter...but no choice, I was down to 65 miles left on the tank I had. From there to Fort St. John on Thursday, no wifi, and Friday at Prince George where I had the truck fixed. Wifi but could not get it to work. $248 for the light assy and they put it in for me no charge.
In Jasper, Alberta National Park today/tonight. Unbelievable. Canadian Rockies are incredible. Completely different than Denali and much more dynamic than Rocky Mountain Natl Park. Tomorrow, Sunday we drive down Highway 93, Icefields Parkway thru Jasper and Banff Natl Parks into Calgary. Hope to stop often, hike and see all the sites and there are many.

I should be in Montana on Monday, and back to Colorado by Wednesday.

Sorry, no new pictures...won't download. All ok...later

No comments:

Post a Comment