Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday, June 15th


Beautiful drive from Anchorage to Seward. Once settled in our motel, we met Nate (nephew). They had just come in from Resurrection Bay with 20,000 lbs of salmon. We went aboard and watched the process of removing the fish from the boat. It is then taken immediately to the processing plant less than a football field away. Salmon is processed, packaged and frozen within a couple of hours of being caught. Quite amazing...


Today, Monday - we have visited the Exit Glacier and will be leaving at 3:00 for a 6 hour dinner cruise - from Seward thru Resurrection Bay to Aialik Peninsula and Harris Peninsula. We will be seeing the Holgate and Aialik Glacier. I'll have a bunch more pictures to post later tonight or tomorrow.
From the Lucky Star - 20,000 pound catch





My sister and her son





A few pictures of our trip with the crew. They did not find any salmon - or in their lingo...did not run a set.












3 comments:

  1. Cindy,
    I am green w/ envy. Postings and pictures are great. Keep them coming.

    Are you monitoring your work email account too?

    Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

    Cheryl G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, the wifi I usually get is not "stong" enough to let me log on to Intel. In British Columbia, I could...but it's been days. I may try again in Anchorage before I start my trip back. Would like to get emails deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CG: you can email me at cgeiser47@gmail.com if you want. Hope all is ok.

    ReplyDelete