Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday, June 12th

Oh, the train trip....there are no words to describe the beautiful scenery. Freezing cold in Seward - right on Resurrection Bay. The mountains were cloud covered but still gorgeous. The train was wonderful. I upgraded to Gold class and sat in dome car...with an observation deck. Fabulous and well worth the extra money. I took over 200 pictures. Saw 3 glaciers, moose, a black bear on the tracks; a female bald eagle sitting in her nest, 3 other bald eagles flying around. The bald eagle population is doing well - slowing coming back.

I will do my best to get some posted as soon as I can. Weather is getting iffyyy....even in Anchorage it's turned cooler. From what the folks on the train said (employees), the last 2 spring/summers have been terrible. This one started slow but much warmer than previous. Now it's turned cooler. We'll see what happens.

My nephew was in the harbor in Seward so I got to see him and met the captain of this salmon fishing boat. Only 4 guys on the boat including the captain. Lots of rules and laws to catching fish here. Highly regulated. My sister and I will head back down to Seward on Sunday. Nate should be back in the harbor late Sunday or Monday. We want to take one of the glacier tours to Kenai.

Ok, I'm going to work on my photos and try and post them later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment