Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday, June 23

Been out of wifi range. Place I stayed in Beaver Creek, Yukon (same one as trip west 2 weeks ago), did not have the wifi working.

Well, my first problem finally occured. Between Burwash Landing and Haines Junction (thru Destruction Bay - beautiful area along Kluane Lake), the Alaska Hiway is the worst. I thought it was bad going West 2 weeks ago, but going East is much worse. The gravel I can deal with - the miles of washboard is horrible. Even going at 10 miles an hour, somehow the passenger side taillight assembly came loose from the truck; dangled for miles and was melted by the exhaust. Completely ruined. I am back in Whitehorse, Yukon tonight and they have a Chevy dealer which I went right to, but they do not stock them. If they ordered it would come from Vancouver and maybe get here Thursday...not. So, I called a Chevy dealership in Prince George - the next major town I'll come to on Friday - and they have ordered it and I will go right there on Friday.

Weather has been crazy...may get down to 32 degrees tonight. Rain off and on all day. Tomorrow I will make the turn south on the Cassair Hiway at Upper Laird, British Columbia. That 500 mile highway will save me 200 miles in back-tracking. Wifi here is not strong enough to download photos...may have to wait until I'm in Prince George Friday. I don't plan on having hookups tomorrow night - plan on staying at a Provencial Park along the Cassair Hiway. Hang tight... I'll be back. All is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment