Sunday, May 31, 2009

A day in Dawson Creek

It finally warmed up to about 60 degrees and right now the wind is quiet. It is 7:30pm but the position of the sun indicates, to me, that it should be around 4:00 pm. Currently there is approx. 16 hours of daylight. This will increase as I move north to around 20 hours.
I did meet 2 couples from California heading up the highway. They are not traveling together. Met one couple at the Visitor Center and the other at the RV Park. They are heading out tomorrow while I'm staying until Tuesday. There is a Chevy dealer here so I'm hoping to get my best friend on wheels checked out. Will get the tires rotated and balanced also. I'm sure I'll meet up with these folks later in the week, and that will be nice.
Per the folks at the Visitor Center, the highway is in pretty good shape. Worst part is at Destruction Bay - about 10 miles of very rough road. Destruction Bay is in northern Yukon between Haines Junction and Beaver Creek. Very important to adhere to all the flags and speed limit signs - which I have been doing.
No cable TV service here at this RV park. I did rent a couple of movies so I think I'll head over to the TV room and watch them....Later.
More photos....


Famous Signs:

4 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome trip so far. Slow down and enjoy the scenery. Wish I could be traveling along with you! Thanks for the pics and have a wonderful time. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making new friends as you go....very nice. Hope you can get your rig checked out today and it will be one less worry. Really enjoy the pictures. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. testing comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pictures are back...resume awesomeness! - Carl

    ReplyDelete