Saturday, May 30, 2009

Thursday...

Thursday....good day. After the banking stuff, I drove around Abbotsford and Mission, BC. Although I’m not a flower person, I did find a park that had the most beautiful rhododendrons. I’ve been seeing these since Eugene, OR. Low and behold, I stumbled on a park that has acres of these.
Then I spent the rest of the day tighten all the loose screws and bolts on the trailer; checking the tires and getting groceries.


I got a bunch of neighbors a few hours ago. A small caravan (3) of Motorhomes heading to Anchorage, but taking the eastern route. They were here in 2005 and took my route, the western one to Dawson Creek and on to Fairbanks. This is the most popular one and being solo, the safest one for me. Nice folks and very encouraging.

Treated my self to dinner at Bob’s Burgers and Brew….the most popular place in this little town….great draft beer…Alaskan Amber and Alaskan White. No surprise….huh!!

Oh, my story about xing the border back to the US of A….dumb me, found a produce market in Abbotsford. And silly me, I purchased a couple apples, a tomato and a bulb of garlic. Now I’m at the border xing….and of course, I have to pull over for an agriculture check. The garlic was the culprit and confiscated. But now that they have you, they proceed to go thru my entire truck, including my new truck box. Oh well, my stupidity – and no issues at all – other than I lost my garlic.


Will post photos when I can.

1 comment: