Saturday, May 30, 2009

Friday-- 5-29-09

Friday – 5-29-09

Nice drive, no issues at all from Sumas,WA to Quesnel, BC (the S is silent). I’m staying at the 10 Mile Lake Provencial Park…very nice. No hook ups but spacious sites in beautiful wooded area. Lots of bear warnings….The sites near the lake were full and those that weren’t were horribly uneven. There is a “touring” campground up the road from the lake and that’s where I am. Did not want to unhook cuz I’m just here for the night.

Everything is going quite well …except, I really don’t like this traveling alone. Not working for me. I have a long way to go and then a very long way back. Spent the last hour looking over maps and I’m thinking that maybe this was a bit aggressive on my part. Having someone to travel with, makes a world of difference. All the oohs and ahs, just don’t mean very much when it’s only you seeing the sites.

My sister was thinking of joining me in Fairbanks, but she fell while dancing, and hurt her knee pretty bad. (and yes, I wish I had a video of this) She will probably need arthroscopic surgery. She’s bummed and so am I. That was a very positive incentive to keep going. When my house-mate backed-out, and my sister stepped up, I just felt better about the entire trip. Life happens, huh?
Call me chicken or whatever else you want. I will get to Dawson Creek tomorrow and stay until Monday. I will think hard and long about continuing. My alternate plan would be to head south from Dawson Creek into Alberta, Canada; to Great Falls, MT and then maybe Yellowstone, and Rocky Mt Natl Park and home to Colorado Springs. It feels like I’m a failure – and that’s kinda silly…it’s my sabbatical/vacation and I can change my mind. However, deep down I do feel like I let myself down. I’ll make my final decision over the weekend and will post my travel plans. Thanks for listening...




No comments:

Post a Comment