Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wed. 5-27-09

Thank heavens for GPS systems...otherwise I'd still be lost in Seattle. What a mess. I took the advice of many folks and got off of I-5 and did the east route on 405. My mistake was getting off the 405 for gas. You'd think it would be easy on - but NO.....Henry, (male voice of my GPS - and yes, I find myself talking to him)....GPS came thru and got me turn-around the right way. I'm in a very small town - Sumas, Washington - literally on the Canadian border. I'll spend tmo night here also and use the time for banking and groceries and just checking stuff out. Some of these US highways are in horrible shape. I knew I'd have ruff roads in Canada, but was not expecting such poor conditions in the lower 48. Tourist season - by that I mean - folks heading to Alaska - has not fully started yet. I did read about the first wave of RVers that left from an annual rally in Albuquerque a few weeks ago. I'm sure they have seen snow or got snowed on. I think I'm in the next batch of folks - typically the season starts after Memorial Day Holiday. I'd like to meet up with some folks and tag along - for no other reason than for safety.

No pictures tonight. I'll take some tmo when I am in Abbotsord, Canada. Oh, I'm sitting in my truck outside the Sumas Youth Center, which is closed- free WiFi here, but not at the campground. Whatever works, huh! I do have cable TV - get caught up on the news.

Talk to you all on Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, Cindy! We are sure enjoying your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehh - forget about the news, unless you bought powerball tickets and big ups for leeching the wifi...once again - Brilliant! Carl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to following your blogs. Have a wonderful trip. Alaska is a beautiful place.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete