Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday...5-30-09

Ok, sorry you had to put up with my melt-down...today was a good day. Made it to Dawson Creek. Nice town except for the 40 mph wind with gusts of 60mph (I was told this is not the norm)...ugh....but I got settled in and found a local pub...nice people. I'm here until Tuesday. I want to get the truck checked out on Monday - I did find a Chevy dealership..no issues, but with towing and so many 6 and 7% grades, I want to get the transmission checked and the tires rotated and balanced. I did finally see the red triangle flags that are posted for the "frost heaves"...whoa...are they accurate. And yes, at this point I'm over my lonliness meltdown and intend to continue. There are a couple day trips to take from here, one of which I will take tomorrow, Sunday. I need to do wash and all that housekeeping stuff before heading on the infamous Alaska Highway. I have convinced myself to slow down...I'm way ahead of my original schedule and need to take more time seeing sites than driving. It is 1500 miles to Fairbanks and I intend to take 7 or more days to get there.

While I have wifi here, photos are not downloading so I will get to Starbucks (yes, I saw one) tomorrow and get lots of photos added to my Sunday post.

No comments:

Post a Comment